Smoked meat is very delicious, with an authentic taste. You can cook BBQ, pork, and ribs for a crowd with just a good charcoal smoker. Hence, you need to find the best charcoal smoker to make your meal taste better.
The charcoal smoker is a perfect device for picnics, camps, and other outdoor cooking activities. You can place it into your car when traveling, carry it easily, and set it up for convenient cooking.
However, it is not easy to choose a charcoal smoker, although these products are diverse on the market with different performance and competitive prices.
No worries, my reviews will help you pick the best equipment. Do not miss the information below and useful videos.
Let’s get to it!
- Top 15 Best Hibachi Grills To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best 4-Burner Gas Grills Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Infrared Grills To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Portable Pellet Grills Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best 2-Burner Gas Grills Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Built-in Gas Grills Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Outdoor Grills To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Grill Brushes on The Market 2021
- What Is Charcoal Smoker?
- Differences Between a Charcoal Smoker and a Charcoal Grill
- Here Are The Best Charcoal Smokers For You:
- Best Charcoal Smokers Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Charcoal Smokers Reviews 2021
- 1. Weber 726 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 2. Masterbuilt 395.4 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 3. Dyna-Glo Black Charcoal Smoker
- 4. Dyna-Glo 36-Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 5. Char-Broil American Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
- 6. Dyna-Glo Signature Charcoal Smoker
- 7. Royal Gourmet 800 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 8. Cuisinart 18-Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 9. Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
- 10. Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
- 11. Pit Barrel Cooker Classic Charcoal Smoker
- 12. Char-Griller Black Charcoal Smoker
- 13. Char-Griller Graphite Charcoal Smoker
- 14. Portable Kitchens Silver Charcoal Smoker
- 15. Masterbuilt Black Charcoal Smoker
- Key Buying Guide for a Wise Charcoal Smoker Choice
- How to Use a Charcoal Smoker?
- How to Clean a Charcoal Smoker?
- What Are The Best Charcoal Smokers Brands?
- My Top Pick
What Is Charcoal Smoker?
A charcoal smoker is a cooking device that creates tender meat with a full of flavor. It cooks meat with indirect heat. It smokes the meat for many hours at low temperatures while the coals are burning.
To cook delicious meat properly by using a charcoal smoker, you need to set up charcoal and add water. Therefore, the meat is cooked evenly with consistent moisture.
Generally, the temperature of the charcoal smoker should be adjusted between 220°F and 250°F.
A charcoal smoker often has four main parts: a firebox, a water pan, a cooking chamber, and a lid.
The firebox contains coal in which the heat is generated. The charcoal burns to smoke meat. The briquettes are stacked tightly to increase the burn performance.
The water pan control temperature by cool liquid filled. It keeps temperature not getting too hot, and it creates steam that makes cooking more quickly.
The cooking chamber is filled with your food. You can put the food on cooking grates.
The lid keeps the smoke inside. Hence, the meat is fully permeating. The lid features a vent to allow steam and smoke to escape in some cases.
Differences Between a Charcoal Smoker and a Charcoal Grill
Both devices cook meat with charcoal to create a distinctive flavor. However, the primary difference is the heat mode.
Firstly, while a smoker is an indirect heat with a low temperature, a grill is direct heat with higher temperature.
A separate space is designed for the smoker to let charcoals burn in one area while the meat is placed in another area. The temperature is often set up between 220°F and 250°F as an ideal heat.
By contrast, the grill cooks meat above the burning coals. It is an open grilling space. The heat might reach to over 500 degrees in some cases.
The smoker is primarily for cooking ribs, barbecue, and pork, while the grill often cooks fish, steak, and chicken.
Here Are The Best Charcoal Smokers For You:
Top 15 best charcoal smokers are listed below for you to consider. Each device has its characteristics. Read the information before pulling down the review section.
- Best Overall: Weber 726 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Authentic smokehouse flavor, superior design, ample room, easy to use, efficient airflow, consistent temperatures, robust.”
- Best Budget: Masterbuilt 395.4 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Inexpensive, front-access door, simple to assemble, small, user-friendly, easily add coal, readable temperature.”
- Best Offset: Dyna-Glo Black Charcoal Smoker
“Large capacity, heavy-duty, quick, reliable, reduce heat loss, durable, easy to clean, adjustable flue, simple to work.”
- Best Cabinet: Dyna-Glo 36-Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Simply viewable temperature, small footprints, premium cover, easily separate coals and rid ash, standard room.”
- Best Portable: Char-Broil American Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
“Clean-out door, adjustable damper, adjustable height, simple to roll, easy to move.”
- Best Vertical: Dyna-Glo Signature Charcoal Smoker
“Smoke zone, safe, solid, good sensors, easy to clean, dust-free, cool to touch handles, simply move around.”
- Best for BBQ: Royal Gourmet 800 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Spacious surface, retain heat evenly, simply dump ashes, easy clean up, scald-proof handle, portable, heat resistant.”
- Best Small Size: Cuisinart 18-Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Dual air vents, latching base, sturdy, heat-proof handle, damper, side door, simple to use, easy assemble.”
- Best Backyard: Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
“Multi-functional, safe, storage rack, medium-sized, a separate firebox, easily sear, simple to transport.”
- Best Horizontal: Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
“Medium size, three-piece smoking chamber, cleanout door, solid, efficient, easy to use, simple to clean.”
- Best for Brisket: Pit Barrel Cooker Classic Charcoal Smoker
“Unique, easy to operate, minimal assembly, quickly cook, included accessories, good capacity.”
- Best With Side Firebox: Char-Griller Black Charcoal Smoker
“Texas-style barbecue, durable, sturdy, flexible to transport, simple to clean, easy to use.”
- Best Grill Combo: Char-Griller Graphite Charcoal Smoker
“Fuel-efficiency, numbered damper, user-friendly, lightweight, insulated heat, convenient to use.”
- Best for Beginners: Portable Kitchens Silver Charcoal Smoker
“Conduct heat efficiently, easy to adjust, versatile, simple to detach, control airflow, rust-proof.”
Best Charcoal Smokers Comparison Chart
The summary below lists the best charcoal smokers mentioned above. It gives you the most intuitive overview of the overall 15 products.
|Best Charcoal Smokers||Dimension||Item Weight||Total Grilling Area||Color|
|Weber 726 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker - Best Overall||24 x 23 x 48.5 inches||68 pounds||726 square inches||Black|
|Masterbuilt 395.4 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker - Best Budget||19.13 x 21.65 x 31.49 inches||15.26 pounds||395.4 square inches||Black|
|Dyna-Glo Black Charcoal Smoker - Best Offset||20.20 x 34.52 x 47.03 inches||57 pounds||1,176 square inches||Black|
|Dyna-Glo 36-Inches Charcoal Smoker - Best Cabinet||20.83 x 21.45 x 49.73 inches||56 pounds||784 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil American Gourmet Charcoal Smoker - Best Portable||17.5 x 46.25 x 44.75 inches||46.5 pounds||430 square inches||Black|
|Dyna-Glo Signature Charcoal Smoker - Best Vertical||45.5 x 24.9 x 58.8 inches||124.3 pounds||1,382 square inches||Black|
|Royal Gourmet 800 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker - Best for BBQ||55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches||54.2 pounds||800 square inches||Black|
|Cuisinart 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker - Best Small Size||25 x 25 x 45 inches||25 pounds||510 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker - Best Backyard||28.25 x 60.25 x 51 inches||102.1 pounds||1,025 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker - Best Horizontal||54.3 x 43.9 x 22.7 inches||69.4 pounds||605 square inches||Black|
|Pit Barrel Cooker Classic Charcoal Smoker - Best for Brisket||21 x 21 x 31.1 inches||57 pounds||Not specified||Black|
|Char-Griller Black Charcoal Smoker - Best With Side Firebox||21.7 x 18.9 x 31.9 inches||113 pounds||830 square inches||Black|
|Char-Griller Graphite Charcoal Smoker - Best Grill Combo||26.6 x 24.8 x 21.65 inches||90 pounds||447 square inches||Black|
|Portable Kitchens Silver Charcoal Smoker - Best for Beginners||16 x 35 x 35.5 inches||45 pounds||300 square inches||Silver|
|Masterbuilt Black Charcoal Smoker||20.07 x 20.47 x 33.37 inches||28.5 pounds||Not specified||Black|
Top 15 Best Charcoal Smokers Reviews 2021
In this part, reviews describe every aspect of the best charcoal smokers. Besides, both the pros and cons are indicated for you to understand about products much better.
1. Weber 726 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
This charcoal smoker is capable of keeping a stable temperature for hours. Trust me; its performance makes you satisfied. Besides, the reputation of Weber will make you more secure in the product quality.
Its design is very professional. The lower part contains the charcoal ring and adjustable vents that control airflow efficiently.
The middle part consists of a water pan, cooking grates, and a door designed to add charcoal and wood chips. The upper part is a dome lid with an equipped thermometer.
You can use this device for your family, a big party, or any large crowd.
You cook a turkey, or large pieces of pork, ribs, and barbecue without worries about the final results because a porcelain-enameled water tray is equipped for keeping your meat tender and moist properly.
You can use a side access panel to add fuels while the meat is still cooking. A smart damper helps you control the inside heat without lifting the lid.
- Three main parts with individual functions
- Small footprint
- Adjustable vents
- An access door
- The built-in thermometer
- Two premium cooking grates
- A porcelain-enameled water tray
- A damper system
- Simple to assembly
- Work efficiently
- Succulent, delicious meat with a full of flavor
- Smoke large amounts of meat simultaneously
- Convenient to use vents
- Easy to clean up the grills
- Reasonable price
- Ideal for moving, traveling, tailgating, or camping
- Rust-resistant parts
- Perfect size
- The thermometer does not always give accurate results, it sometimes not functions
- The door might not prevent a small amount of smoke from escaping
- Hard to store the hood on the charcoal smoker while cooking the food
|Cooking space||22 inches diameter|
|Material||Nickel-plated cooking grates, porcelain-enameled water tray, aluminum fuel door|
Stop and watch the video below to see how to use this charcoal smoker:
2. Masterbuilt 395.4 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
If you are looking for an affordable charcoal smoker but still have perfect features, this product is your choice. It has a suitable size and is simple to operate.
This device contains a porcelain-coated pan, two smoking racks, and a water bowl. A lid thermometer allows you to read temperature more accurately.
You can add charcoals for burning through a front-access door.
This smoker is appropriate for grilling chicken and any type of meat. You can use it for picnics, tailgate parties, or even teaching how to cook to anyone.
The top lid has a convenient hook so you can hang it on the smoker’s side, which is excellent for checking your meat.
- Vertical design, small size
- Two porcelain coated smoking racks
- A front-access door
- Built-in lid thermometer
- Porcelain-coated charcoal pan and water bowl
- Simple to assemble
- Low price
- User friendly
- Easy to fire up for a few minutes
- Perfect for a small-sized crowd
- Convenient to carry for journeys and camping
- Easy to put additional fuels
- Compact storage
- Useful to control smoke penetration
- The space for charcoal is limited
- No lower vents
- The thermometers read temperature is not always correct
- The water bowl is too shallow, so it quickly burns if you do not add water frequently
- The smoker cannot hold sufficient charcoal for a long cooking process due to the too-small charcoal pan
- The damper attached on the lid is very poor
|Materials||Porcelain-coated smoking racks, porcelain-coated charcoal pan, and water bowl|
See the short video below to know exciting details related to this charcoal smoker:
3. Dyna-Glo Black Charcoal Smoker
You can cook your food without worries about much heat loss when adding charcoal because this smoker has two doors for a cooking area and a fuel chamber. A perfect design of Dyna-Glo delivers ideal cooked meat.
Made of heavy-duty steel, you can trust the construction of the device. The vertical design helps the heat and smoke rise without hassles.
Dual doors make you add charcoal easily without reducing the heat. Vents allow you to control temperature efficiently.
This equipment consists of a wide-sized grill and multiple grates so you can cook more meat for a crowd. Besides, you can mix a large amount of meat for your meals through a big cooking space.
The design helps you optimize indirect heat, perfect for slow-cooking, and infusing smoke flavor. The product keeps the heat away from your meat. Hence, the meat placed on the lower racks is not cooked too quickly.
You also trace the temperature with a stainless-steel thermometer.
- Vertical style
- 15,000 BTU Burner
- Electronic pulse ignition
- Six cooking grates
- Large cooking area
- An adjustable flue
- Dual door design
- A custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover
- Smokestack vent
- A stainless-steel thermometer
- Simply assemble
- Adjustable racks are removable to clean up quickly
- Hold the heat for hours
- Easy to add more charcoals without disturbing the cooking process
- Control smoke flow efficiently
- Durable materials
- Easy to operate
- Hard to move around because the smoker does not have wheels
- The smoker might not prevent leaky smoke from going out so you should use high-temperature silicone
- Low-grade thermometer
- Some small screws that keep the firebox from sliding off the damper might fall out when placing vertical cabinet and fuel chamber side-by-side
- No water pans
|Smoking area||784 square inches|
|Smoke flow||Smokes up to 100lbs of food simultaneously|
|Materials||Heavy gauge porcelain-enameled steel wood chip box, heavy-duty cast iron burner, heavy-duty steel body construction with high-temperature powder coat finish|
Discover this charcoal smoker by clicking the following video right now:
4. Dyna-Glo 36-Inches Charcoal Smoker
This charcoal smoker has a robust-designed style in which you can adjust the height of cooking grates for various types of meat. An ample cooking space will create meat with a smoky flavor for your family.
You can cook more than one type of food at a time because the smoker offers up to four grates.
It is equipped with a double door to prevent the heat from losing while you try to access your meat and additional charcoal. You can put more coals through a separate compartment without opening the lid.
An ash pan is removable. You clean the dirt by removing the ash, then dumping it out.
The charcoal chamber keeps briquettes stack tightly. Hence, charcoals burn while smoke is still intact in the smoker.
You can check the heat flow immediately by a temperature gauge. This part points out an ideal heat level to ensure the flavor remains well in a smoke area.
- Vertical cabinet unit
- Four cooking grates
- Charcoal & ash management system included
- A custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover
- Stainless temperature gauge
- Smoke zone
- Simple to maintain and clean
- Not capable of leaking because the smoker has seals attached on the outer edges
- Many grates, huge cooking area, adjustable-height grates
- Durable, premium materials
- Easy to read current heat amount and the appropriate temperature for infusing smoke flavor
- A water bowl is very accessible
- Hold the heat well
- Useful instructions
- Some dents might appear
- Hard to assemble because the unit is too heavy
- The smoker sometimes fails to reach the desired temperature from 220 to 240 degrees when it is cold
- The lid seems to be useless
- The low-grade handle of a smoke damper
- Refill water more often
|Materials||Stainless-steel temperature gauge, porcelain charcoal chamber, heavy gauge porcelain enameled steel water bowl and chip box, cast iron burner|
Do not pull down without watching the video below about this charcoal smoker:
5. Char-Broil American Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
Char-Broil delivers a perfect charcoal smoker with two wheels for locomotion and two stationary legs with square bottoms for system stability. The device is a beautiful choice for moving around and standing anywhere quickly.
It has two cooking surfaces in the main chamber for indirect grilling and the firebox chamber for direct warming. The main room is spacious to cook a large amount of meat at the same time.
The grates are adjustable at various heights so you can use them flexibly. Additional trays hold water and wood chips to create a more excellent flavor for your food.
You can place prepared food or utensils on the side shelf simply. Besides, you feel safe with a hot lid when in use by chrome-plated handles.
The vertical chimney vent controls the heat into the chambers. The lid consists of a temperature gauge and a built-in damper so you can check whether the smoker works well or not.
- 3-in-1 charcoal smoker, including offset smoker, BBQ, and charcoal grill
- Horizontal design
- The cooking area in the main chamber and firebox chamber
- Adjustable height grates
- Clean-out door
- A built-in damper, extra trays, a side shelf, and cool-touch handles
- A chimney vent and a temperature gauge
- Easy to move around, stand stably
- Height-adjustable cooking grates
- Efficient smoking performance
- Versatile side holding shelf
- Heat-proof handles
- Simple to remove ash without a mess by a clean-out door
- Hold smoke well
- No leaky heat or smoke
- The hinges may be bend
- The welds seem to be loose
- Low-quality paint peels
- Incorrect thermometer
- Difficult to assemble
|Materials||Sturdy steel unit, porcelain-coated grilling grates, chrome-plated handles|
Listen to more reviews about this charcoal smoker by discovering the following video:
6. Dyna-Glo Signature Charcoal Smoker
Made of heavy-gauge steel, this smoker has a sturdy body with nice touches. The vertical design helps infuse smoke flavor easily and control the heat efficiently.
The device has an offset heat box so you can cook meat while smoking in the main chamber. That’s so great. The sensors operate efficiently. The ash pan is designed as a handy drawer for cleaning dust simply.
You can move this equipment easily by oversized steel wheels. The smoker has five large grates, some racks, and meat hooks in the main box, so it helps you cook any type of meat with different styles.
The temperature gauge provides you the ideal heat to infuse the heat amount for creating distinctive flavor when cooking. You can access charcoals and meat without worry about getting hot with cool-touch handles and a spring lid grip.
- Vertical unit
- Five chrome-plated grates
- Heavy-gauge steel body
- Stainless temperature gauge with a smoke zone
- Heat-resistant handles
- Cool-touch spring lid grip
- Oversized steel wheels
- Well-designed construction
- The heat is offset from the meat
- Seem that there are no leaks
- Keep a good temperature
- Good grilling capability
- A versatile pull-out fire tray
- Simple to clean up
- The bolts on the door are wear and tear over time to use
- Large footprint
- The thin steel coated housing is hard for heat retention so the smoker might lose heat quickly when adding wood for burning
|Materials||Chrome-plated grates, heavy-gauge steel body, stainless temperature gauge, the coiled steel door handle|
Do not miss the video below and experience this charcoal smoker now:
7. Royal Gourmet 800 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
(Best for BBQ)
If you confuse about a good charcoal smoker for BBQ, I believe that you are pleased with this device because it creates a dual style barbecue. It is a combination between a grill and a smoker.
The fuels are primarily lump charcoal, briquet, and wood chips to bring a perfect flavor.
The porcelain-coated grates help you retain the heat efficiently. Hence, your food is more tender and more evenly cooked.
You can use handles for height selection because the charcoal pan is adjustable. Therefore, you can control the temperature to cook any type of meat, seafood, and vegetables without concerns about the abnormal heat amount.
A vent is adjustable to control air and heat, and a thermometer remains an appropriate temperature level.
Besides, the smoker is equipped with new parts, such as a smoke stack, a seamless connection, an access door, and several hooks. All of them support you create a tender barbecue with an excellent flavor.
- A charcoal grill with offset smoker combination
- Spacious porcelain-coated grilling grates
- Removal charcoal and ashes pan
- Ignition Type-No Ignition System
- Smokestack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, seamless connection
- Access door on the side, side air vent
- Withstand temperature up to 400
- Cook delicious BBQ
- Huge capacity
- The temperature gauge works correctly
- Easy to assemble
- Simple to dump ashes
- Very portable to transport
- Heat up quickly
- Have a very nice-looking in the yard
- The bottom tray might be rusty and burned out after use
- The paint may peel off
- The smoker fails to stop a small amount of air and smoke from exiting
|Main chamber||438 square inches|
|Sidebox||183 square inches|
|Swing-away rack||179 square inches|
|Materials||Porcelain-coated cooking grates, new black coating body|
See the video and explore how this charcoal smoker is unboxed, assembled, and tested:
8. Cuisinart 18-Inches Charcoal Smoker
(Best Small Size)
This smoker is tiny and lightweight, but it has basic features to ensure your meat is tender, delicious with a distinct smoky flavor.
The main cooking chamber has two 18″ racks that provide 510 square inches of a cooking area. With a 32-lbs weight, you can move the smoker around flexibly while cooking.
Barrel and air vent design make it control the proper heat at about 225°F. This is a perfect temperature level for smoking any food.
You can use this equipment like an outdoor grill kitchen to create delicious smoked meat for a crowd.
- Two 18″ stainless steel racks
- Porcelain enamel water bowl
- Upper and lower vents
- Latching base
- Vertically hinged door
- Steel housing
- A thermometer on the lid
- Simple to maintain and clean up
- Low price
- Easy to assemble
- Hold an ideal temperature at 225°F for hours
- Portable, perfect to transport
- Compact storage
- Save time to add more fuels
- No guidebooks or user manuals
- The smoker is leaky too much
- The damper may be bent
- Some rivets seem to be not fastened
|Materials||Steel housing, porcelain enamel water bowl, stainless-steel cooking grates|
For more details, click this video right now to know every aspect of this smoker:
9. Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
This charcoal smoker receives many positive reviews for the perfect backyard BBQ smoker. Indirect cooking operates simply with a side offset box.
It is multi-purpose equipment with a smoker, a grill, and a barbecue device with a classic style.
You can see a professional design. The smoker has a large-sized cooking space, a side firebox, a deluxe grill, and a charcoal starter.
You can adjust the height of the main cooking chamber easily. The firebox helps remove ash for an empty area. You use its handles to keep away from getting hot. A storage rack allows you to place prepared ingredients, utensils, and extra coals.
This dual-action machine is suitable for a small crowd, your family members, and some friends. The device holds the smoke inside, helping you reach a distinct smoky flavor for backyard BBQs.
An adjustable chimney controls the heat close-at-hand.
- 3-in-1 smoker, barbecue, and grill
- Chrome-plated cool-touch handles
- Multiple adjustable dampers
- Storage rack
- Adjustable chimney
- Removable ashtray
- Supply with wheels
- Adjustable-height steel grate
- Horizontal unit
- Lid-mounted temperature
- Easy to set up
- Easily clean up ash
- A standard version
- Operate very well and stably
- Wheels for mobility
- Fill with 18 burgers
- Multiple functions in just one design
- Keep your hands cool when opening the lid
- Easy to rust over time
- The grates seem to be very thin for a long-lasting
- Dust and hot grease hold onto the back of the lid easily, then they drip onto the ground when opening the lid. This happens so quickly that it is hard to prevent it
- Charcoal tray warps in just a short time
- No seals between the firebox and grill, no seals between the grill and smokestack
- Hard to follow steps as the instructions
|Cooking surface||670 square inches|
|Firebox chamber||355 square inches|
|Warming rack||140 square inches|
|Materials||Chrome-plated handles, all-black steel construction, porcelain-coated grates|
Discover this video and see how to assemble and operate the charcoal smoker now:
10. Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Charcoal Smoker
Char-Broil offers a medium-sized charcoal smoker in the form of a horizontal unit. However, you can fill the chamber with around 24 burgers.
The three-piece smoking chamber allows you to retain heat inside the cooking space while maximizing air loss.
You can check the heat easily with a readable temperature gauge. The device provides an offset firebox with a cleanout door on its side so you can take ash out conveniently.
The damper on the top helps you control smoke and heat. You can put prepared food on the storage space.
- 3-piece smoking chamber
- Porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Firebox with cleanout door
- Side shelf
- Two 8-inch wheels
- Keep the temperature efficiently
- Easy to clean ash
- Great size for a family
- Simple to follow setup instructions
- Very portable
- Contain maximum of 24 burgers
- The doors may be leaky
- The paint might be flaked and peeled
- The grates inside firebox places to a low position for long cooks
- The finish perhaps brittle with a chipped sign
|Main chamber||477 square inches|
|Materials||Porcelain-coated cooking grates, sturdy steel construction|
Stop and see this video right now to enjoy the results of cooking by this smoker:
11. Pit Barrel Cooker Classic Charcoal Smoker
(Best for Brisket)
Pit Barrel Cooker offers a smoker with eight hooks to hang brisket while heating. Hence, your brisket is cooked evenly on both sides and more tender.
This vertical unit helps cooking time shorten because both the heat and smoke-infused vertically that direct properly on your meal. You fire it up and wait for a perfect smoked brisket.
Furthermore, racks and hooks allow you to use flexibly for creating an ideal cooking space. Besides, a coal basket is large enough to place a suitable amount of charcoal for a long cooking process.
The smoking time is shorter while you do not regulate the heat and smoke amount.
- A standard grate for grilling and searing
- Come with a charcoal basket
- Two hanging rods, eight stainless-steel hooks
- Wooden hook remover tool
- Vertical design
- Point barrel stand
- Slow-cooking, delicious meat
- Space-saving but fill large amounts of food by racks and hooks
- Simple to learn
- No needs to regulate the temperature and smoke frequently
- Cook meat in a shorter time than other charcoal smokers
- Easy to carry or lift
- Minimal assembly
- Durable materials
- Huge capacity
- The lid might be bent when in use so the airflow can exit
- The coal grate is not suitable for the optional bottom, so you have to clean ash with a mess
- Some accessories of the manufacturer are sold separately, so you have to order them with incurred costs
- No ways to access the cooking area for safety, so you should use BBQ gloves to keep your hands safe
- No mobile wheels to transport more easily
|Brand||Pit Barrel Cooker|
|Materials||Gallon porcelain-coated steel drum, stainless-steel hooks, steel hanging rods, and wooden hook remover|
See this video below and find out more information related to this charcoal smoker:
12. Char-Griller Black Charcoal Smoker
(Best With Side Firebox)
With the title above, it is not hard for you to imagine how this smoker is designed. That’s right. A side firebox supports the grill barrel efficiently because the firebox burns directly, and the main grill smokes to cook a delicious meal.
The equipment has removable charcoal drawers to put more coals and eliminate ashes. Besides, the double bottom is durable over time.
This barrel-style smoker is perfect for cooking Texas barbecue, and low-and-slow grilling. A broad cooking range allows you to cook large amounts of food at a time.
You can read the temperature gauge to know the heat amount immediately. Two wooden racks help you prepare fresh meat better as well as placing necessary utensils.
- Charcoal grill with side firebox
- Removable charcoal drawers
- Nonstick cast-iron cooking grates
- Temperature gauge, storage rack, and two wheels
- Double bottom
- Easy to check and control the temperature
- A large cooking area for a crowd
- Simply remove ashes and dust
- The smoking function works well
- Easy to transport
- Easy assembly
- Convenient to place additional coals and dump ashes after use
- Low cost
- The smoker needs a few modifications for a maximum capacity
- Not appropriate to frequent cook, may be rusted for years
- Does not work efficiently as expected
- The device is not tight, and the paint burns quite fast
- The temperature does not distribute evenly
- Low-quality grille
|Main cooking area||580 square inches|
|Side firebox||250 square inches|
|Materials||Heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction, nonstick cast-iron cooking grates, powder coat finish|
Find out more about this charcoal smoker by clicking the following video at the moment:
13. Char-Griller Graphite Charcoal Smoker
(Best Grill Combo)
This small-sized charcoal smoker is a combination between a grill and a smoker with an insulated design for juicy smoked meat. It especially fits kamado-style grills.
The smart design uses more heat while less charcoal and airflow properly. Hence, you save fuels effectively. The device includes two folding side shelves that help you put food or cooking tools.
An indexed damper is numbered so you can check and note exactly its position. A locking lid holds the temperature inside and suitable moisture to create cooked food evenly.
An interesting part is a cart that helps the smoker stand with three legs. You can push the machine by mobile wheels.
- Insulated design
- Two folding side shelves
- Cart with three wheels
- The indexed damper is numbered
- Locking Lid
- Double-wall insulation
- Affordable price
- Sturdy cooking grates
- Efficient heat retention
- Lightweight and portable
- Perfect for cooking food as kamado grilling style
- External space is very cool while you are cooking food at a high temperature
- Premium materials
- If you want to follow the low-and-slow cooking style, you have to buy a smoking stone. Thus, the cost raises for this item
- The gaskets might leak when in use
- Flimsy stand
- Some parts of the smoker need modifications during the usage process
|Main cooking space||314 square inches|
|Warming rack||133 square inches|
|Temp range||From 200°F to 700°F|
|Materials||Cast iron cooking surface, 22-gauge steel body, powder coated steel exterior finish, porcelain-coated steel interior finish, tubular steel w/rubber wheels, folding black metal shelves|
For more information, watch this video now to know about this charcoal smoker:
14. Portable Kitchens Silver Charcoal Smoker
(Best for Beginners)
You can easily recognize this charcoal smoker because of its capsule shape. It has four versatile vents so you can grill food hot and fast or low and slow easily.
Made of cast aluminum, this smoker conducts heat much better, compared to steel-built devices.
The cooking area is spacious enough to cook broad types of meat, such as ribs, pork, a turkey, or even a whole chicken. It controls airflow efficiently.
The equipment creates melt-in-your-mouth meat with an excellent smoked flavor.
It is very portable. You can use it for tailgating, picnics, camping, hunting, and fishing.
- Unique capsule shape
- Four vents
- Conduct heat four times more efficiently than regular steel equipment
- Award-winning charcoal grills
- Storage rack
- Two legs and two wheels
- Good heat retention
- Suit outdoor-cooking and far transportation
- Reusable coals in case you shut the heat down properly
- Versatile to adjust upper and lower vents to reach a convection airflow
- Cook food quickly with even heat
- Portable and easy to detach parts
- The design is too tall, and the shelf is too low
- No ways to adjust grilling position
- Not lightweight as advertised
|Materials||Cast aluminum construction, cast aluminum charcoal grills,|
Click the video below and discover this charcoal smoker:
15. Masterbuilt Black Charcoal Smoker
This smoker is designed to use as smoothly as possible. It works based on the barrel grill and cabinet smoker.
It contains two grates to cook your meal simply. This smoker suits backyard smoking, camping, or tailgate parties.
You can enjoy food without worrying about how to clean after cooking. Surprisingly, the device is equipped with a grease cup and a dual door to solve your concerns.
The built-in-door gauge indicates the heat amount inside the main cooking space, so you just need to check when in use.
- Two chrome-coated cooking grates
- Charcoal pan and water bowl
- The built-in-door gauge
- Side air dampers
- Low price
- Nice sliding racks
- Seals are excellent
- The smoker leaks both smoke and heat too much around the door
- Easy to add coals and wood while keeping a stable heat amount
- Convenient to clean with a grease cup
- Thin sides
- The vents take several adjustments
- There are no clear instructions for seasoning
- The thermometer does not provide correct results as advertised
|Materials||Chrome-coated cooking grates, porcelain-coated charcoal pan, and water bowl|
Key Buying Guide for a Wise Charcoal Smoker Choice
In this section, I provide you several notices. You should read thoroughly to pick a good charcoal smoker four your cooking.
The size is considered one of the most important factors that you should consider before buying a charcoal smoker.
It depends on the size of the crowd that you want to cook.
If you use the smoker for your family member only, you should choose a small-sized smoker with a moderate capacity.
If you have guests and friends in a big party, the better choice for you is to select a larger smoker along with a higher capacity.
As you know, a charcoal smoker is not a cheap product. However, the better the smoker is, the higher the price.
I give you a tip about your problem.
You should consider what features you need for your cooking the most, avoid extra useful functions but do not need them.
Smokers and their parts on the market are made of different materials, primarily metal for its coated housing.
You should buy a smoker that use as long as possible with at least incurring problems.
If your budget is not sufficient for that device, you can find a few modifications to replace or upgrade lower-grade parts of your smoker. Hence, you will use it for a long time as expected.
Combine With a Grill
This element is relatively essential and dependent on your purpose.
If you have a separate grill, you only need to buy a professional charcoal smoker. If you want to buy a multi-functional device that includes both a smoker and a grill for more convenient, you should select a combo product.
Remember that multi-purpose equipment is more expensive than a dedicated smoker, but you can save time for the process from searching and buying another grill.
In general, the mobile charcoal smoker is lightweight, so you can take it for tailgating, traveling, and camping. Portable wheels help you move it easily.
If you often cook heavy meat, the better way is to place the smoker stand at a specific position. In this case, moving around by wheels is hard to perform and unnecessary.
How to Use a Charcoal Smoker?
To use a charcoal smoker is easy, but not everyone knows the cooking process properly. Some ordered notes below are useful suggestions for you.
Prepare the Fuel: The charcoal briquettes are more suitable than lump charcoal because the generated heat is consistent, instead of too hot. You can soak wood chips in water for half an hour before using them to create a unique flavor.
Fill Cold Water Into Water Pan: Three-quarters full is typically applied.
Light the Coal by a Charcoal Chimney: If you have a chimney, you add lit coals in a charcoal smoker. If not, you can stack coals in a pyramid in the device; lighter fluid is suitable. Wait for coals to burn until a thin layer of white ash appears.
Add Food to the Grill: Put the meat on the grill grates inside the smoker. A smoker includes both upper and lower grates is better to cook more than one type of meat simultaneously.
Control the Temperature: Most charcoal smokers have a thermometer, remember to check the temperature from 220°F and 250°F for perfect cooking. Bottom vents are equipped so that air enters while top vents allow air to exit.
Add the Wood Chunks: Put wood chunks that are soaked in water, into the firebox among coals.
Keep Your Meat Cooked Long and Slow: The charcoal smoker cooks meat for hours. Trace the thermometer to ensure that your meat is evenly cooked.
Click this video and watch how a charcoal smoker works:
How to Clean a Charcoal Smoker?
To clean a charcoal smoker is necessary because this device leaves grease and organic matter after the cooking process. The following tips will help you keep smoker clean.
Before every smoke, after ensuring that all grills are cool, you scrape the grill grates, wipe the cool grills with a wet sponge, then throw away ashes.
Besides, you should clean the smoker deeply at least once a year. You scrape off grease and carbon clinging to the grill grates.
Then, you check the inside of the cooking chamber, remove buildup substances, including carbon and soot, and dry internal parts to reduce the rust.
Grease can be separated from the grilling area after you cook by flowing into a dripping pan, oil collectors, or aluminum foil sheets.
Lastly, you wipe the thermometer probe with a damp soapy sponge.
What Are The Best Charcoal Smokers Brands?
There are too many brands in offering good charcoal smokers on the market. This part only lists the most prominent brands, based on their reputations and experience for years.
Other smaller brands are potential competitors of large corporations. This competition creates an open market, so perfect smokers appear more and bring higher values to consumers.
The Group is a well-known brand in providing a wide range of home devices. Its products are high-quality and exceed industry standards of both functionality and durability.
The primary machines of the Group are charcoal smokers, charcoal grills, natural gas, and electric smokers.
The Corporation has built its brand for over 70 years with the first charcoal grill on the market. The highest target is to bring customers products with the best performance, cooking system, and fried perfection.
The famous devices of the Corporation are charcoal smokers, gas grills, TRU-Infrared gas, natural gas, charcoal grills, electric grills, hybrid grills, portable grills, and outdoor kitchens.
The Company is always proud of its innovative mindset and target of creating perfect food for everyone. It has been well-known as its heritage and future of the Company for over the years.
The strategic products of the Company are listed, such as charcoal smokers, wood pellet grills, gas grills, charcoal grills, electric grills, portable grills, gourmet BBQ system, and grilling tools.
This part includes five pairs of questions and answers that many people are interested in. After reading them, I believe you will have your own choice.
My Top Pick
This is the final section of my article. I hope that you read all of the information that I provide. I think that you know what charcoal smoker you want to buy the most. I believe your buying decision.
I pick Weber 726 square inches Charcoal Smoker since it cooks meat evenly with an authentic smokehouse flavor while controlling airflow and heat efficiently.
Please like, comment, and share my post with everyone.
Without hesitation, let’s do it right now.