Barbecue is an unforgettable experience for many people when gathering. It is also an ideal choice to save cooking time, achieve delicious meat with an authentic flavor. The best offset smokers include the most excellent factors to make such a barbecue for you.
You can use grills to smoke foods. However, they are not as efficient as what an offset smoker creates.
There are many types of offset smokers on the market with various designs, materials, sizes, and advanced features. Hence, it is not easy to choose which equipment fits your specific needs.
In this post, I hope you can consider appropriate devices with their pros and cons. The useful reviews will narrow the range for you just to select some of the best products out there.
Let’s come with me and discover them right now!
- Top 15 Best Weber Gas Grills Reviews 2021
- 15 Best BBQ Temperature Controllers Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best BBQ Rubs To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Built-in Gas Grills Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Kamado Grills to Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Charcoal Grills To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Infrared Grills To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Tailgating Grills To Buy in 2021
- What Is Offset Smoker?
- Types of Offset Smokers
- Here Are the Best Offset Smokers For You:
- Offset Smokers Comparison Chart 2021:
- Top 15 Best Offset Smokers Reviews in 2021
- 1. Dyna-Glo 15,000 BTU Burner Offset Smoker
- 2. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- 3. Oklahoma Joe’s Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
- 4. Traeger Renegade Pro Pellet Offset Smoker
- 5. Z GRILLS Upgrade Wood Pellet Offset Smoker
- 6. Royal Gourmet Horizontal 800 Square Inches Offset Smoker
- 7. Dyna-Glo 1382 Square Inches Offset Smoker
- 8. Masterbuilt 20,000 BTUs LP Gas Offset Smoker
- 9. Char-Broil 3-in-1 Combo Offset Smoker
- 10. Char-Griller Texas Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
- 11. Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
- 12. Giantex 2 BBQ Grill Mats Offset Smoker
- 13. Royal Gourmet Dual Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
- 14. Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Offset Smoker
- 15. Z Grills 8-in-1 Offset Smoker
- Helpful Guidance for Your Consideration Before Buying an Offset Smoker
- How to Use an Offset Smoker?
- How to Clean an Offset Smoker?
- What Are the Best Offset Smokers Brands?
- My Top Pick
What Is Offset Smoker?
The offset smoker is considered a classic smoking device in which it smokes foods in a long, horizontal cooking chamber while burning fuels in a smaller side firebox, such as charcoal, wood chips, or wood chunks.
Without its heating source in the chamber, this product cooks your foods indirectly in a smoky zone at a low temperature. It imparts an authentic smoky taste to experience while smoking.
Offset smokers have shelves or cooking racks inside the chamber to cook meat with different sizes, such as beef, pork, ribs, and briskets.
These appliances are usually made of thick heat-resistant steel, which controls the heat efficiently and keeps a steady heat amount when cooking.
Vent holes allow for the ease of the airflow circulation. When opening vents, more oxygen enters the firebox, more fire will build-up, resulting in the temperature increase.
In general, they are relatively heavyweight. For more portability, some offset smokers often come with wheels or casters to easily move around and serve for outdoor activities, including picnics, tailgating, or sporting events.
Notice that you should check foods and fuels frequently since the offset smoker features a manual burning process with no automatic adjustments or available settings as gas or electric equipment.
Add more charcoal or wood and stir the fire are the best ways to maintain a proper heating source.
Types of Offset Smokers
Offset smokers tend to cook foods slowly and thoroughly. Regardless of the offset smoker types, they must all perform such cooking style.
They are classified into two primary types: traditional and reverse flow offset smokers.
Traditional Offset Smoker
This smoker type has two independent chambers. They connect by pipes or cylinders. While the larger chamber provides a space for smoking foods, a firebox is used to add and burn fuels, such as charcoal and wood.
The burning fuels create heat and smoke to fill up the main cooking chamber. Thanks to the indirect heat, the smoker cooks foods efficiently and imparts perfect smoky aroma.
Notably, the closest areas to the firebox are the hottest parts of the smoking chamber. Thus, you will cook meat unevenly. You have to rotate meat more often or put foods that need more cooking time close to the firebox.
Besides, this type of offset smoker has its chimney placed at the farthest distance from the firebox.
Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
Unlike the traditional version, this smoker type is equipped with a steel baffle plate to prevent the heat source from affecting foods directly.
This design allows the smoke to circulate slowly inside the main chamber. Hence, you do not need to rotate foods regularly while getting excellent results with a more even cooking style.
Because it provides indirect heat into the main chamber, foods develop their flavors slowly.
This offset smoker works more efficiently since it has a very tight seal so that the smoke only exits through the smokestack.
You can see the chimney is designed with the nearest position to the firebox, instead of a far distance as traditional products.
Here Are the Best Offset Smokers For You:
It is time for you to see the best offset smokers. They are labeled for easy capture, along with the relevant keywords. Do not skip this section.
- Best Overall: Dyna-Glo 15,000 BTU Burner Offset Smoker
“Quick ignition, large smoking area, reduce heat loss, easy to add wood chips, premium cover, durable, flexible to use.”
- Best Budget: Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
“Small size, adjustable grate heights, simple ash removal, built-in damper, affordable, fuel efficiency, optimal flavor, extra storage rack.”
- Best Reverse Flow: Oklahoma Joe’s Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
“Large size, four removable baffles, easy to dump ash, simple heat control, multiple dampers, solid construction.”
- Best Small-Size: Traeger Renegade Pro Pellet Offset Smoker
“Wood-fired taste, versatile to cook, multi-purpose, accurate temperature control, solid, durability, perfect size, convenient to clean.”
- Best Wood Burning: Z GRILLS Upgrade Wood Pellet Offset Smoker
“Multi-functional, efficient to work, simple temperature control, auto-start ignition, easy to use, steady heat retention, quick to clean.”
- Best Horizontal: Royal Gourmet Horizontal 800 Square Inches Offset Smoker
“Easy assembly, flake-free, side door, professional thermometer, safety, lifting handles, cooking capacity, extra storage area.”
- Best Large-Size: Dyna-Glo 1382 Square Inches Offset Smoker
“Ample cooking space, chrome-plated grates, sturdy design, smoke zone, safe, oversized wheels, simple to access fuel, easy to use.”
- Best Propane: Masterbuilt 20,000 BTUs LP Gas Offset Smoker
“Large cooking capacity, multiple adjustable grids, LP gas, quick start-up, maximize heat control, simple to operate.”
- Best Patio: Char-Broil 3-in-1 Combo Offset Smoker
“Ample cooking space, solid, powerful, easy temperature check, simple fuel access, quick to clean, versatile to use.”
- Best for Beginners: Char-Griller Texas Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
“Grill barrel, side firebox, non-stick, removable charcoal drawers, durability, solid, portable wheels, easy to work.”
- Best for Backyard: Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
“Multi-functional, safe, storage rack, medium-sized, a separate firebox, easily sear, simple to transport.”
- Best for Home Use: Giantex 2 BBQ Grill Mats Offset Smoker
“High-grade, anti-rust, environmentally-friendly, safe to use, readable temperature, easy to move, efficient heat control, simple to clean.”
- Best BBQ: Royal Gourmet Dual Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
“Sizable, high-quality, ash pan, authentic taste, smokestack, seamless connection, easy to transport, simple to use.”
- Best Mid-Range: Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Offset Smoker
“Three-piece smoking chamber, minimize air loss, heat retention, simple to clean, easy to maintain, user-friendly.”
- Best High-End: Z Grills 8-in-1 Offset Smoker
“Versatility, tasty, efficiency, eliminate starter fluid, quick to cook, fan-forced convection cooking, simple to clean, automated electric feed system.”
Offset Smokers Comparison Chart 2021:
All 15 best offset smokers mentioned above are added to the table below. You can consider their sizes, and distinguish them by different cooking ranges simply.
|Best Offset Smokers||Dimensions||Item Weight||Cooking Surface||Color|
|Dyna-Glo 15,000 BTU Burner Offset Smoker - Best Overall||20.2 x 34.52 x 47.03 inches||57 pounds||1176 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker - Best Budget||17.5 x 46.25 x 44.75 inches||46.5 pounds||430 square inches||Black|
|Oklahoma Joe's Reverse Flow Offset Smoker - Best Reverse Flow||35.5 x 64.25 x 55.5 inches||226 pounds||1060 square inches||Black|
|Traeger Renegade Pro Pellet Offset Smoker - Best Small-Size||39 x 27 x 50 inches||136.7 pounds||380 square inches||Black / Orange|
|Z GRILLS Upgrade Wood Pellet Offset Smoker - Best Wood Burning||45 x 28 x 49 inches||84 pounds||452 square inches||Bronze|
|Royal Gourmet Horizontal 800 Square Inches Offset Smoker - Best Horizontal||45.3 x 26.8 x 48 inches||57 pounds||800 square inches||Black|
|Dyna-Glo 1382 Square Inches Offset Smoker - Best Large-Size||45.5 x 24.9 x 58.8 inches||124.3 pounds||1382 square inches||Black|
|Masterbuilt 20,000 BTUs LP Gas Offset Smoker - Best Propane||19.73 x 27.32 x 47.1 inches||68 pounds||501 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil 3-in-1 Combo Offset Smoker - Best Patio||31.5 x 74 x 50.6 inches||205 pounds||1060 square inches||Black|
|Char-Griller Texas Style Barbecue Offset Smoker - Best for Beginners||21.7 x 18.9 x 31.9 inches||113 pounds||830 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker - Best for Backyard||28.25 x 60.25 x 51 inches||102.1 pounds||1025 square inches||Black|
|Giantex 2 BBQ Grill Mats Offset Smoker - Best for Home Use||45.5 x 25.5 x 42.5 inches||55lbs||800 square inches||Black|
|Royal Gourmet Dual Style Barbecue Offset Smoker - Best BBQ||55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches||54.2 pounds||800 square inches||Black|
|Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Offset Smoker - Best Mid-Range||54.3 x 43.9 x 22.7 inches||69.4 pounds||605 square inches||Black|
|Z Grills 8-in-1 Offset Smoker - Best High-End||48 x 22 x 51 inches||171.6 pounds||694 square inches||Bronze|
Top 15 Best Offset Smokers Reviews in 2021
This section gives descriptions of the best offset smokers. You also find the main features, the pros, and cons taken note. I hope you can choose a suitable product after reading.
1. Dyna-Glo 15,000 BTU Burner Offset Smoker
With a vertical design, you can stack cooking grates on top of each other. Besides, this offset smoker handles about 100 pounds of meat, thanks to a large-sized smoking space and six grates.
You want to cook any kind of food simultaneously, but have a limited smoking area only. Congrats you, this product solves your concern easily.
Although it features a vertical shape, instead of horizontal smokers, this device operates the same way to create delicious meals with an authentic smoky taste.
Adjustable grates allow you to insert or remove flexibly, depending on the sizes of meat. The dual door design reduces the risk of heat loss. This offset smoker is powered by 15,000 BTUs of heat for cooking perfection.
You control the heat inside the primary chamber with plenty of vents and an adjustable flue. Furthermore, checking the built-in thermometer is the best way to manage an accurate temperature.
- Heavy gauge porcelain-enameled steel wood chip box
- 15,000 BTUs heavy-duty cast iron burner
- Electronic pulse ignition system
- Dual door design
- Heavy-duty steel body construction
- Custom-fit Dyna-Glo premium cover
- Come with a built-in thermometer
- Smoke zone indicator
- Low cost
- Easy to minimize the heat loss
- Large cooking capacity
- Versatile to move with the handles
- Simple to adjust cooking racks
- Quick to start cooking with an electronic pulse ignition
- Easy clean up with an ash pan
- Flexible to control the smoke circulation with ventilation holes and an adjustable flue
- Convenient to add charcoal or wood while cooking
- Perfect size for your family or a crowd
- Ideal for slow-cooking style
- The smoke may leak a bit
- The cooking racks are not as durable as expected
- The high-grade cover excludes in the product package so that you have to buy separately if needed
- The smoker tends to rust over time if you do not use the cover regularly
- Lack of rollers for ease of transportation
- Does not come with a full instruction manual
|Material||Heavy gauge porcelain-enameled steel wood chip box, heavy-duty steel body construction with high temp powder coat finish, and chrome-plated steel cooking racks|
See the video below and check out this offset smoker immediately before it is too late:
2. Char-Broil American Gourmet Offset Smoker
Efficient, affordable, powerful, this simple offset smoker is an excellent choice for a family meal. You can cook and sear foods conveniently with a side firebox.
It has two wheels for locomotion and two stationary legs with square bottoms for system stability. Hence, it can move around and stand anywhere quickly.
Two cooking areas are the main chamber for indirect smoking and the separate firebox for direct warming. This offset smoker is large enough to cook an entire pig or smoke a large amount of meat at a time.
Adjustable grates allow for ease of height changes if needed. Extra trays can hold both water and wood chips so that your foods will be tasty.
You can put cooking utensils or prepared ingredients on the side table. Besides, chrome-plated handles keep you safe when touching the hot lid.
The chimney vent helps you control the heat efficiently. Furthermore, you can check the temperature gauge and the built-in damper to know how your smoker operates.
- 3-in-1 charcoal smoker, including offset smoker, BBQ, and charcoal grill
- Horizontal design
- The cooking area includes a main chamber and a side firebox
- Adjustable height grates
- Cleanout door
- A built-in damper, extra trays, a side shelf, and cool-touch handles
- A chimney vent and a temperature gauge
- Easy to move around, stand stably
- Sturdy build
- Reasonable price
- Height-adjustable cooking grates
- Efficient smoking performance
- Versatile side holding shelf
- Heat-proof handles
- Simple to remove ash without a mess by a cleanout door
- Hold smoke well
- No leaky heat or smoke
- The hinges may be bend
- The welds seem to be loose
- Low-quality paint peels
- Incorrect thermometer
- Difficult to assemble
|Material||Sturdy steel unit, porcelain-coated grilling grates, chrome-plated handles|
Explore the video below right now to know more reviews related to this offset smoker:
3. Oklahoma Joe’s Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
(Best Reverse Flow)
If you are looking for a reverse flow design, this offset smoker is all you need. It has four baffles to direct both heat and smoke through a primary cooking chamber. Thus, you get foods with a more even cooking style.
The offset smoker offers an over 1000-square inch cooking space to feed a large crowd in a backyard party or a picnic.
You can remove or install four adjustable grates for proper food positioning. Besides, the product comes with two storage shelves, two wheels, and a cleanout door for perfect portability.
To control the heat and smoke is effortless. This equipment features a heavy gauge steel construction, multiple dampers, and a high-quality thermometer.
Besides, you can get grill marks on foods, thanks to cooking grates.
- Feature four baffles
- Removable baffles and optional smokestack locations
- Come with a cleanout door
- Two storage shelves included
- Supply with two wheels, a swing-open firebox door, a lid-mounted temperature gauge, and cool-touch handles
- Solid construction
- Simple assembly
- Ideal for beginners
- Large cooking space
- Quick to clean and dump the ash after use
- Distribute the heat and smoke evenly
- Durability and long-lasting use
- Efficient to operate, even in a strong wind
- Nice looking unit
- High price
- Paint might peel off over time
- The smoke sometimes leaks
- The baffles get hot so that foods or drippings could turn into the carbon if they fall on the surface of the baffles
|Material||Heavy-gauge all-steel construction, porcelain-coated cooking grates, and multiple dampers|
Take a look the following video now to find any aspect of this perfect offset smoker:
4. Traeger Renegade Pro Pellet Offset Smoker
Traeger delivers an offset smoker with a 380-square inch cooking space. Even so, it still cooks food efficiently, thanks to a sufficiently large cooking capacity.
It is simple for this equipment to accommodate two chickens, three ribs racks, or twelve hamburgers.
I believe you are satisfied with this device since it makes the traditional wood-fired taste for foods. It uses woods as the primary fuel instead of charcoal or gas.
More than a smoker, this multi-functional product includes five other cooking purposes: grilling, baking, roasting, braising, and barbecuing.
The smoker comes with a digital controller for precise temperature adjustment. You can hold a +/- 15°F heat retention as your liking.
You can use this offset smoker for tailgating parties, picnics, and camping. It is portable with two mobile wheels for transporting and four legs for stable standing.
- Wood-fired taste
- 6-in-1 versatility
- Precision temperature control
- Sturdy build and durability
- Come with two wheels, a grease collection cup, four legs, and cool-touch handles
- A chimney included
- Perfect size for a small family
- Great value price
- Good looking
- Simple to work
- Create tasty, even, and moist cooked foods
- Easy assembly
- Quick to clean
- Multi-functional unit for various cooking styles
- Low-grade probe
- Poor instructions
|Material||Powerful steel construction and durable powder coat finish, porcelain grill grates, and all-terrain wheels|
Click this video right now to see how efficient the small-sized offset smoker works:
5. Z GRILLS Upgrade Wood Pellet Offset Smoker
(Best Wood Burning)
This offset smoker uses the pellet grill technology to burn wood properly and create wood-fired taste simply. I believe that you are pleased with this high-quality product.
It features five other functions, such as baking, roasting, grilling, barbecuing, and braising. You can maximize the amount of smoke with the temperature setting from 180°F to 450°F.
More notably, the convection heat distribution inside the smoker allows for cooking meat evenly.
The device has an electronic auto-start ignition for quick preheat. Besides, you cook for 20 hours per 20lbs of pellets. You can minimize starter fluid, thanks to a start-up button and the temperature control.
Experience your cooking without any hassles. The smoker can hold the heat within ten degrees of the temperature you set prior.
Furthermore, it includes helpful parts, such as waste oil collector, wheels, pellet purge system, and shutdown recycle mode. All of them are what you need for a modern offset smoker.
- The 6-in-1 offset smoker
- Pellet grill technology
- Cook for 20 hours per 20lbs of pellets
- Electronic auto-start Ignition and digital auto temperature control
- Set the cooking temperature from 180°F to 450°F
- The automated electric feed system
- Come with a waste oil collector and upgraded cart with locking caster wheels
- Stainless steel built
- US-based brand and Customer service
- A high-tech model
- Get target temperature very quickly and accurately
- Easy to clean with the grease collector
- Flexible to move the offset smoker around with wheels
- Create tender meat with a sweet taste
- Simple to cook foods
- Easy to monitor the temperature
- Multi-purpose smoker
- Lack of ash door so that you have to take the cooking racks and vacuum the ash out
- Does not have shelves for pellet storage
- Take about one hour for assembly
- The pellet hopper may not feed properly that makes the smoker stall
|Material||Stainless steel construction, porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids, and heavy-duty wheels|
|Cooking temperature||180°F to 450°F|
Watch the following video at the moment to experience any detail of this offset smoker:
6. Royal Gourmet Horizontal 800 Square Inches Offset Smoker
Royal Gourmet offers an offset smoker with a 179-square inch warming rack and 800-square inch main cooking space, helping you cook large meals for a quick time.
Combined with a charcoal grilling feature, you can put additional charcoal through a side door. This design minimizes the heat and smoke loss efficiently.
Besides, this device maintains the amount of smoke inside the primary chamber, thanks to a heavy lid. You can smoke meat at a preferred temperature. All you need to do is to see the built-in thermometer regularly.
It is effortless to control the airflow circulation. Vents help you do that. Besides, you can adjust the damper for more convenience.
Furthermore, it comes with an ample charcoal pan, lifting handles, portable wheels, and side table. This smoker is truly a companion for backyard parties, festivals, and picnics.
- Porcelain steel cooking grates
- Chrome warming rack
- Heavy-duty lid
- The big capacity charcoal pan contains 5lbs charcoal at a time
- Steel mesh front table and bottom shelf
- Swing-away warming rack
- Readable thermometer
- The cool-touch spring handle
- Convenient to load five pounds of charcoal simultaneously
- Extra space for storage
- Spring-touch handle
- Easy to learn
- Quick to assemble
- Clear instructions
- The charcoal pan is adjustable to change the charcoal heights for heat control
- Simple to clean after use
- Reasonable price
- Perfect size and shape
- The paint could chip when in use
- The smoker may rust unless you use the cover frequently
- The door panels are relatively mismatched and do not fit
|Material||Porcelain steel cooking grates, chrome warming rack, heavy-duty lid, cool-touch spring handle, and steel mesh front table and bottom shelf|
Discover this offset smoker by clicking the video below right now, and then check it out:
7. Dyna-Glo 1382 Square Inches Offset Smoker
This offset smoker has an ample cooking surface of up to 1382 square inches. Trust me, and you cannot find larger similar products than it on the market.
Besides a large cooking area, it also has plenty of grates for feeding a crowd at a party, a festival, or a sporting event. These cooking grates are made of chrome, which you can clean and maintain conveniently.
The vertical design infuses a smoky taste easily and controls the heat easily. The smoker body is made of heavy-gauge steel with nice touches.
Furthermore, the sensors work efficiently. The temperature gauge shows the proper heat amount, allowing for smoking delicious meat with an authentic taste.
You can use cool-touch handles and a spring lid grip for safety when cooking. An ash pan helps you clean quickly with the design of a handy drawer. Besides, oversized steel wheels raise the portability of this offset smoker.
- Five chrome-plated grates
- Heavy-gauge steel body
- Stainless temperature gauge with a smoke zone
- Heat-resistant handles
- Cool-touch spring lid grip
- Oversized steel wheels
- Well-designed build
- The heat is offset from the meat
- No leaky smoke during use
- Maintain an ideal temperature while smoking
- Very portable
- Perfect cooking capability
- A versatile pull-out fire tray
- Simple to clean up
- The bolts on the door are wear and tear over time to use
- Large footprint
- The thin steel coated housing is hard for heat retention so the smoker might lose heat quickly when adding wood for burning
- Lack of a cover
|Materials||Chrome-plated grates, heavy-gauge steel body, stainless temperature gauge, the coiled steel door handle, and oversized steel wheels|
Do not pull down without watching the video below to explore this offset smoker now:
8. Masterbuilt 20,000 BTUs LP Gas Offset Smoker
This vertical offset smoker is powered by 20,000 BTUs of heat. This product is one of the best choices if you want to try a propane gas device.
You can cook foods without worry about the cooking space since its smoking cabinet capacity reaches up to 3.4 cubic feet. It can cook large pieces of meat quickly, such as pork ribs, steaks, a big turkey, or a whole chicken.
Adjustable grates allow for smoking any kind of food at various temperatures as your preference. More notably, the smoker can reach target temperatures no matter what the outdoor temperature.
Besides, you will not disturb the cooking process while adding wood and water, thanks to two doors.
Furthermore, this offset smoker has a dual burner for heat adjustment inside the primary chamber. The model is made of steel to reduce heat loss and warping.
- 3.4 cubic feet cabinet capacity
- 20,000 BTUs
- Four chrome-plated cooking grids with multiple adjustment levels
- Sausage hanger included
- Push-button ignition system
- A two-door system
- The top and bottom vents for internal temperature control
- A temperature gauge included
- Simple to operate
- Come with a large power of 20,000 BTUs
- Heat up fast
- Easy to assemble
- The huge smokebox is ideal for slow-smoking style
- The instruction is clear to follow
- Cook foods very tasty
- Difficult to fall since the offset smoker has four sturdy legs
- Convenient to use
- Minimize warping when in use
- Hold the temperature evenly
- High-quality construction
- Impossible for doors to seal all the ways
- The flame could go out suddenly, resulting in the risks of accidents or fire hazards
- Hard to maintain the smoke under 220 degrees
- A cover excluded
- Take a short time for getting target temperature
- Lack of door gaskets
- The thermometer provides inaccurate results
|Materials||Chrome-plated cooking grids and solid steel construction|
Do not miss the following video to see how the offset smoker works:
9. Char-Broil 3-in-1 Combo Offset Smoker
This offset smoker works well in patio. Besides, it uses charcoal or LP gas for fuels. This means you can choose which cooking style is. I hope you are pleased with its design and features.
The product has an electronic ignition and four gas burners in which a side burner is put separately with three other burners.
You can cook any kind of food at once while controlling heat and smoke efficiently with multiple dampers.
Besides, the storage shelf allows for containing prepared foods and utensils. With an over 1000-square inch cooking area, you can serve an outdoor meal for your family, guests, and friends.
Made of thick steel, this offset smoker raises durability and efficiency. You can smoke and grill simultaneously based on the multi-functional characteristic.
- Six porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates
- Four BTU burners
- The charcoal chimney starter
- Professional temperature gauge
- Firebox door with air damper
- Come with a storage shelf, two solid legs, and portable wheels
- A firm grip included
- The thermometer shows a precise result
- An ample cooking space for accommodating large pieces of foods
- Simple maintenance over time
- Rust-free and warp-free
- Versatile to select which type of fuel for cooking
- Easy to control heat and smoke
- Independent thermometers for each chamber
- Protect you from getting burned with cool-touch handles
- Solid wheels for portability
- Quick to clean after use with the drum design
- Heavy-duty build
- Powerful capacity
- The paint could peel off
- Relatively heavyweight
- Hard to adjust doors
|Materials||Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates and heavy-gauge steel construction|
|Total BTUs||36,000 BTUs in gas grilling chamber and 12,000 BTUs for the side burner|
Experience this offset smoker by clicking the following video right now and check out then:
10. Char-Griller Texas Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
(Best for Beginners)
If you want to try Texas-style barbecue, this offset smoker is ideal for your entry-level. Do not worry; using this device is effortless.
The budget-friendly appliance is ideal as a beginner offset smoker. It is not hard to learn how to use it to make delicious foods.
Made of heavy-gauge powder-coated steel and cast-iron, the equipment is expected to use for the long-term. Thus, the smoker provides an even heat while smoking.
It features removable charcoal drawers to clean up quickly and refill new charcoal for the next time. Side tables are helpful in placing fresh ingredients and utensils for preparation.
The grates are made of cast-iron to retain the heat efficiently and create plenty of grill marks on the foods. You can cook comfortably without concerns about sticking meat on the grates.
Besides, the product comes with a temperature gauge to show the internal heat of the main chamber. Thus, you merely adjust the heat grate into the side firebox appropriately.
- Texas-style barbecue
- Sturdy construction
- Removable charcoal drawers
- Come with a temperature gauge, a storage rack, and two wheels
- Side shelves included
- Removable charcoal drawers
- Air vents and a heating grate included
- Simple to load charcoal
- Infuse an authentic smoky taste while cooking
- Easy to check the temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction for preventing rust, corrosion, and crack
- Quick to clean up
- Versatile to move the offset smoker around
- Reasonable price
- Easy assembly
- Perfect storage
- Distribute the heat inside the smoking chamber evenly with the convection
- The paint may come off prematurely
- Need a regular maintenance process
- Smoke may leak out
- Not high heat-resistant as expected
- Poor packaging
|Materials||Heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction and non-stick cast-iron cooking grates|
For more details, watch the video below and listen to the reviews about this offset smoker:
11. Char-Broil Deluxe Charcoal Smoker
(Best for Backyard)
This is a perfect backyard offset smoker for barbecuing. Thanks to a side firebox, it makes the indirect heat for slow-cooking style. I believe that you will not be disappointed when using it.
With a classic style, this product has three main functions: smoking, grilling, and barbecuing.
You are pleased with its professional design. Besides an ample primary chamber, this device comes with a deluxe grill and a charcoal starter.
It is simple to adjust the cooking chamber heights. The side firebox removes ashes easily for an empty area.
Cool-touch handles allow for keeping safe when you cook. Furthermore, a storage rack is designed to put fresh foods, cooking utensils, and additional charcoal for preparation.
This dual-action model is ideal for serving a small-sized crowd or a few people. You can enjoy an authentic smoky flavor for backyard parties.
- Multi-purpose unit with smoking, barbecuing and grilling
- Chrome-plated cool-touch handles
- Multiple adjustable dampers
- Come with a storage rack, an adjustable chimney, a removable ashtray, and a lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Adjustable-height steel cooking grate
- Two portable wheels included
- Quick to set up
- Simple to clean up ash after use
- Look like a standard version
- Work very well and stably
- Wheels for more portability
- Fill with 18 burgers
- Multiple purposes in just one model
- Keep your hands cool when opening the lid
- Impossible to rust when in use
- The grates seem to be too thin so that it is hard to use for a long-term
- Dust and hot grease hold onto the back of the lid easily, then they drip onto the ground when opening the lid. This happens so quickly that it is hard to prevent it
- Charcoal tray could warp prematurely
- Lacks of seals between the firebox and grill, and between the grill and smokestack
- Unclear instruction so that you could not flow step-by-step for using
|Materials||Chrome-plated handles, all-black steel construction, and porcelain-coated grates|
See this video to know why the backyard offset smoker receives many positive reviews:
12. Giantex 2 BBQ Grill Mats Offset Smoker
(Best for Home Use)
The barbecue mat is made of an environmentally-friendly material for smoke reduction. Hence, you can use this offset smoker at home without worry about emergency accidents.
To control the heat inside the chamber, this product is equipped with a thermometer. You can read the temperature whenever you want.
The device offers high-quality materials for free of rust and long-lasting use.
You can protect your hands with wooden handles when accessing the cooking area. A front table allows for placing utensils, gadgets, or even prepared foods. A bottom shelf is designed to store more items.
The side firebox provides indirect heat. Furthermore, the working temperature is between -76°F and 500°F. This is a safe temperature range for barbecue use.
A ventilation hole helps you add more charcoals and adjust the air flow circulation. The smoker features two wheels for portable transportation.
- High-quality material
- The environmentally-friendly composite
- Humanized design
- Supply with wooden handles, a thermometer, storage shelves, a side vent, and rolling wheels
- Perfect working temperature for barbecuing
- Less smoke grill with non-stick mats
- Have two pieces of mats for more convenience
- Great value price
- Professional design
- High-grade construction
- Portable to transport
- Safe for smoking at home since the offset smoker reduces smoke well
- Simple to check the temperature
- Easy to accommodate a large number of foods at a time
- Quick to clean after cooking
- Several parts of the offset smoker are relatively bulky
- Take too much time for assembly
- May rust at first
- The paint may come off fast
- Hard to keep the steady heat when in use as expected
|Materials||Anti-rust black coated steel grates, black glass fiber stain-resistant barbecue mat, wooden handles, and a front wood shelf|
Watch the following video to find out more information related to this offset smoker:
13. Royal Gourmet Dual Style Barbecue Offset Smoker
With this offset smoker, you can enjoy grilled and smoked foods at once with a distinctive flavor. I believe that this dual cooking style makes you satisfied.
You can see two dampers for heat adjustment as your preference. The device has an ashtray to dump ashes quickly. An access door allows you to add more charcoals without no interruptions the smoking process.
It comes with three racks for storage space. Besides, you merely lift handles to change the chamber heights.
With an even heat distribution, your results are more tender, tasty, delicate, and moist. A sufficient high capacity also raises efficiency during cooking.
- Porcelain-coated steel wiring grates
- Chrome-plated warming rack
- Removal charcoal, ashes pan
- The dual style barbecue
- Offer a smokestack, a temperature gauge, a scald-proof handle, a seamless connection, an access door, a side air vent, and wheels
- Withstand the temperature of up to 400 degrees
- Compact design
- Versatile to use
- Easy to adjust a proper heat mode
- High-grade materials
- Excellent dual barbecuing style
- Minimize rust and corrosion when in use
- Extra space for items storage with three racks
- Simple to dump the ash after use
- Flexible to move the offset smoker around
- Make barbecue very delicious
- Lack of separate thermometer on each chamber
- The instruction includes plenty of misprints so that it is hard to follow
- Legs seem to be labeled incorrectly
- Smoker sometimes leaks out due to air gaps
|Materials||Porcelain-coated steel wiring grates, chrome-plated warming rack, and scald-proof handle|
Click the video below, see how to assemble, and explore any part of this offset smoker:
14. Char-Broil 605 Square Inches Offset Smoker
Although its cooking space is the only medium, this offset smoker can accommodate up to 24 hamburgers. It is expected to last for long, thanks to high-grade materials.
The three-piece smoking chamber can minimize air loss while maintaining internal heat well. With an easy-to-read temperature gauge, you monitor the heat anytime.
A quick-access ash door helps you remove ashes and tend charcoal. Besides, the damper controls the smoking process efficiently.
The device comes with two shelves for extra storage space. You also move it around easily with two 8-inch wheels.
- A 3-piece cooking chamber
- Porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Side and bottom shelves for storage
- Come with two portable wheels, a cleanout door, and dampers
- A multi-functional model includes smoking, grilling, and barbecuing
- Hold the steady temperature
- Quick to clean up ash
- Perfect size for a small family
- Easy to follow setup instructions
- Very portable to use
- Contain a maximum of 24 burgers
- Affordable price
- The doors seem to be leaky
- The paint may flake and peel over time
- The cooking grates at the firebox places to a low position for a long cooking
- The finish perhaps brittle with a chipped sign
- Require to re-adjust the setting for each smoking time
|Materials||Porcelain-coated cooking grates and a sturdy steel construction|
Stop and watch the following video at the moment to know how this offset smoker works:
15. Z Grills 8-in-1 Offset Smoker
Z Grills delivers a high-quality offset smoker with eight advanced functions: grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, searing, braising, barbecuing, and char-grilling.
It has a large hopper capacity of 20 pounds to cook foods efficiently. The fan-forced convection cooking will create delicious meat with a full of authentic taste.
You can use a built-in enclosed storage cabinet to accommodate fuel. Besides, a start-up button is designed to minimize starter fluid.
Furthermore, it comes with plenty of other high-tech parts, such as an electronic auto-start ignition, digital auto temperature control, and LED display.
A waste oil collector is where excess grease drips down during cooking.
- The 8-in-1 machine
- Application of pellet grill technology
- Cook 20 hours per 20lbs of pellets
- Deliver with an electronic auto-start ignition, digital auto temperature control, and LED display
- Upgraded cart with locking caster wheels
- A grease collector included
- High-quality upgrade digital control board and automated electric feed system
- A fan-forced convection cooking
- Huge cooking chamber and a built-in enclosed storage cabinet
- Stainless steel built
- US-based brand
- Simple to use
- Solid materials
- Easy assembly instructions
- Work efficiently with a steady heat
- Quick to get back the set temperature
- Clean up very fast
- Well wrapped packages
- Impart a wood-fired flavor
- Low-grade probe
- Smoke may be leaky a bit
|Materials||Stainless steel construction, porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grids, and heavy-duty wheels|
|Cooking temperature||160°F to 450°F|
Click this video now and enjoy the results from cooking with this high-tech offset smoker:
Helpful Guidance for Your Consideration Before Buying an Offset Smoker
This part includes several tips for you to consider before making a final buying decision. If you want to check out an offset smoker, you should not skip these notes below.
This is the first factor you need to consider for an offset smoker on the market. Size means how much space you use for cooking.
If you serve for your family members, a few people, or some guests, a small offset smoker is ideal.
However, if you cook for a crowd in a party, a picnic, or an event, the better way is to pick an offset smoker with an ample smoking area.
The important thing is that you need to select a smoker with a suitable cooking space for how many people attend.
This is an essential element of offset smokers. Most of them are made of heavy-duty steel for a sturdy construction.
However, the thickness of the coating and the quality of other parts are what you should know before buying.
Made of thick enough metals, some offset smokers can work resist rust, corrosion, and flake while retaining the heat inside the main chamber efficiently.
By contrast, thinner materials make the smoker lose heat a lot. These smokers are not durable and easy to be damaged during use.
Cooking grates are made of various materials, such as chrome, porcelain coating, steel, or cast-iron. They are good for heat resistance, but each type has different durability. You can read the product information for more details.
Controlling the heat distribution and air flow circulation is extremely considerable. That’s why you need to check the ventilation holes carefully.
If vents are relatively small, it is hard to adjust air flow and keep a consistent temperature. Thus, remember to choose an offset smoker with a set of sufficient large vents.
The internal ventilation system is also critical. If the primary chamber and side firebox meet each other at a higher position, you cannot achieve a perfect heat distribution.
You should see a lower connection for the smoker to disperse more efficiently.
I believe that you want to buy a portable offset smoker rather than a bulky one.
Smokers that are equipped with wheels for ease of transportation are the perfect devices. On the other hand, four legs are solid, but hard to move around conveniently.
Besides, you should choose a lightweight product to lift, carry, and take it easily.
Ease of Cleaning
You need to check whether your equipment has a grease collector, an ashtray, or a catcher pan or not. They are useful accessories to dump ash quickly and save cleaning time well.
Most offset smokers are cheaper than other more advanced grills and smokers. Hence, you can choose more comfortably.
You can buy some offset smokers with a price of under 500 dollars, even only 300 dollars for basic products.
If you have a better budget, you should select the devices between 500 and 1000 dollars. They have higher quality and come with more advanced features. Besides, they often feature larger cooking space compared to cheaper products.
How to Use an Offset Smoker?
The principle of cooking with an offset smoker is to smoke at a low temperature over a long time.
The ideal temperature to smoke foods is in the range of from 225 to 250 degrees.
You should adjust dampers for temperature regulation. If you open the bottom damper, more air enters the firebox, resulting in heat increase. By contrast, you open the top damper for heat exit.
If you want to experience a succulent, smoky taste, add wood chips to the hot charcoal. You can also put chips soaked prior in water to the preheated charcoal to get an optimal smoky taste.
Another tip is that you should place a water pan in the cooking chamber to prevent foods from drying during long cooking time.
Remember to check the temperature once per hour to ensure that everything is fine. You can refill the pan if it shows the signs of drying out.
You should add wood chips every two hours for maintaining smoke frequently.
How to Clean an Offset Smoker?
Frequent cleanings are the best way to extend the lifespan of an offset smoker.
For cooking grates, you should use a long handle stiff wire brush for cleaning. Next, you spray or wipe with cooking oil for seasoning. Do not worry about food sticking and rusting if you clean properly.
Once finishing the smoking process, you take the charcoal grate out from the firebox. Then, you clean the cooking chamber with a brush and dish soap. Keep it cool for the next use.
For the outer shell, you need to use a grate cleaner or soap and water for cleaning. Wipe it with a towel and make sure that it stays cool.
What Are the Best Offset Smokers Brands?
With simple clicks, you can see a lot of offset smokers on the Internet with different designs, colors, features, and specifications.
Brands have seen the growth potential of this product line, and they are constantly launching their best devices to compete efficiently.
This part gives you three of the most popular manufacturers with their prominent products. They are all recognized by high reputation, quality products, and occupied the trust of consumers.
The Company has experience in manufacturing home-cooking products. With the high functionality and durability, it is proud of its high-grade quality of devices.
The strategic products of the Company are offset smokers, charcoal smokers, charcoal grills, electric smokers, and natural gas.
Over 70 years of establishment and development, the Group has brought consumers cooking appliances with the best capacity, excellent cooking system, and fried perfection.
Start with the first charcoal grill on the market, and the Group now has a set of high-quality products, such as offset smokers, charcoal smokers, gas grills, TRU-Infrared gas, natural gas, electric grills, hybrid grills, portable grills, and outdoor kitchens.
The Corporation set its targets as constant innovation, quality, and specialized service. Besides, it brings useful tips, modern techniques, barbecue ideas, and recipes for its consumers.
It mostly focuses on product lines of smoking and grilling, including offset smoker, charcoal grills, griddles, gas, portable grills, and combo grills.
Before deciding, please take a look at this section. It has five pairs of questions and answers that many people ask most frequently. Do not skip this part.
My Top Pick
This is the final section of my article. During my post, I hope you get helpful information to know which offset smoker fits your needs. If you are unsure about your ideas, read one more to check out without confusion.
I pick Dyna-Glo 15,000 BTU Burner Offset Smoker since it features an ample cooking chamber, minimizes heat loss, and creates delicious foods with an authentic smoky taste.
If you have more questions, discuss them with me right now without hesitation.
Do not forget to share my post with your family and friends.
Let’s do it!